To obtain an entry to mid-level position as a web developer and designer
that challenges me to expand my skills, utilizes the most recent developments and tools in the field,
and encourages educational, personal, and professional growth.
WEB DESIGN, PRODUCTION, AND PROGRAMMING SKILLS
Design / Multimedia Production:
Adobe Creative Suite - Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Flash
Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Outlook
Video/Sound - iMovie, GarageBand, Logic, Audacity, ProTools, IMAT
HTML5, HTML, CSS, Wiki, XML, MySQL
Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, Mingle, PayPal, cPanel/Plesk, TestTrack
MailChimp, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, ResCarta, iTunes University, Drupal, Wordpress
RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Mount Vernon Estate, Museum & Gardens (2010 to Present)
I currently serve as webmaster and content manager for George Washington’s website.
MountVernon.org is powered by the Drupal content management system and was developed by an external company, Qovis. I was hired shortly after the beginning of the project, and ultimately helped facilitate communication between Mount Vernon and Qorvis. During this period, I helped to structure the site’s architecture, compiled and condensed several hundred pages worth of content, oversaw integration of various e-commerce systems, and performed many hours of extensive bug testing.
The site finally launched in September 2011.Since the site went live, I have continued to facilitate ongoing communications between Mount Vernon’s various departments and our developer, Qorvis. In addition to maintaining the website itself, I have also worked extensively with the marketing and education departments in finding new and creative methods of improving and extending our web presence.
- Maintain company’s high profile website, MountVernon.org
- Manage complex integrated e-commerce system which includes retail products, ticketed events, and membership/donation databases, powered by Drupal
- Report and interpret analytical data of web traffic and the effectiveness of ads on e-commerce sales
- Organize and run cross-departmental meetings to satisfy goals and needs of the company
- Configure and manage MailChimp account for over 20,000 subscribers
- Co-manage social media presence, including Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ accounts
- Design promotional graphics and optimized pre-existing photography for the website
DDL OMNI Engineering (2009 to 2010)
I was hired as an intern at DDL OMNI Engineering, a government contractor based in the Tyson’s Corner area.
The main project I worked on during my internship was developing an interactive instruction guide for US Navy submarine hardware and software. These presentations had to be specifically written for use by the Navy’s proprietary software package, IMAT.
- Granted Secret Level United States security clearance to work with classified material
- Designed interactive lessons for USW-DSS Navy submarine functionality
- Worked efficiently with a team to develop, execute, and improve group design proposals
JMU Media Resource Center (2008 to 2010)
I worked as a desk assistant at the media resource center at Carrier Library at James Madison University.
My main duty was to assist students and faculty who in checking out equipment for class projects and presentations, including digital video projectors, microphones,digital and tape camcorders, flipcams, laptops, and computers.
- Advised students and faculty as to which equipment would best suit their needs
- Assisted in editing and transferring media in various formats
- Managed media center which provides laptops, software, cameras, microphones, and other equipment
- Troubleshoot computer software problems, internet/network issues, and other technical issues
Freelance Web Design
I have worked for many years on extra-curricular and freelance web projects.
Although much of it was completely independent, I have also collaborated on many occasions with other professionals in the field . Over the years, I’ve had the pleasure of working with a wide variety of clients, including Delaware state senator hopeful Michael Fleming, the town of Vienna’s Historic Society, animator and skull ring artist Matt Maloney, small business owner and music teacher Allison Shelby, and many others.
- Developed and designed for diverse clientele including political campaigns, small businesses, and musicians
- Developed professional relationships and interfaced directly with clients
- Extensive beta testing and copy editing
- Directed coordination between development teams and clientele in planning and executing projects
- Utilized iGoogle and PayPal to manage project assets
- Updated websites to make them 508 compliant
James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA
Bachelor of Science (2010)
Major: Media Arts and Design, Interactive media concentration
Minor: Art, Focus on graphic design classes
references available upon request